Click here to return to www.ripon.org Ripon.org
A site dedicated to the beautiful city of Ripon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Successful Call My Bluff Wine Evening at Lockwoods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
parconception
Site Admin

PostPosted: 21/10/2015, 2:01 pm    Post subject: Another Successful Call My Bluff Wine Evening at Lockwoods Reply with quote

Another Successful Call My Bluff Wine Evening at Lockwoods\n\nIt would appear that not all of Lockwoods’ guests know their Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru from their Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon, when the family restaurant on North Street held its popular Call My Bluff wine evening this week.

Fifty regulars and locals attended the event to try and guess the name and type of wine, as well as the last year’s winner.

Every guest was given six glasses of wine and bubbly to try and guess; while hosts, Matthew Lockwood, Lloyd Dunn and Mark Ryan, from Yorkshire Vintners, tried to mislead them with differing wine descriptions, from 3013 Sauvignon from Bordeux to Garnacha from Ribero del Douro, and a Greek sweet wine.

Guests had to decided who was telling the truth and who was bluffing. As usual the further the evening went on, the more interesting the descriptions became and audience participation grew!

Lockwoods laid on a three-course meal including curry cured salmon, yoghurt, mint & red onion salad followed by Confit duck leg, potato & parsnip dauphinoise, apple puree, kale, in a red wine sauce; and to finish Iced cherry parfait with dark chocolate sauce or Bramley apple & blackberry frangipane tart with vanilla ice cream.

The final came down to a ‘taste off’ to determine the winners, which involved a person from each team trying a glass of wine, then being able to say the grape variety, country of origin and vintage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ripon.org Forum Index -> News Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: