Click here to return to www.ripon.org Ripon.org
A site dedicated to the beautiful city of Ripon.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gen Verde - Peace begins with me workshops and Concert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
parconception
Site Admin

PostPosted: 09/10/2015, 11:56 am    Post subject: Gen Verde - Peace begins with me workshops and Concert Reply with quote

Gen Verde - Peace begins with me workshops and Concert\n\nStudents in year 6 and 10-13 are invited to a day working with an international group of musicians and performing artists to create a unique concert. Young people are pooling their talents as part of the “Peace Begins With Me” project which takes inspiration from ordinary people’s lives and turns them into a performance of song, dance and drama. The internationally known Gen Verde band will be creating their Ripon show with local young people at Holy Trinity Church, Kirkby Road, Ripon from 10am on Wednesday 28th October, leading up to a live performance at 5.30pm, open to the public.
Gen Verde are “talented musicians with a strong message,” says Yorkshire-born Louise Rawcliffe, coordinator of the British tour. “At a time of escalating international tensions and uncertain futures, we find young people appreciate the need for understanding between cultures,” she says. “And music is an ideal channel for this.”
Gen Verde’s performing arts workshops in song, dance, drama and percussion give young people the chance to discover new talents and develop existing ones, in a unique creative atmosphere generated by the presence of band members from 13 different countries including El Salvador, Brazil, Northern Ireland, South Korea and USA. So the creative process for each concert is dynamic and open to surprises. “We are looking forward to a dynamic day as the Yorkshire ‘Peace Begins With Me’ concert comes to life,” says Gen Verde manager, Sally McAllister.

Bookings: focolareleeds@btinternet.com or call 0113 274 2808

Fee: £10

To find out more about Gen Verde, go to:
Gen Verde Workshops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honOaLas0vk
Who is Gen Verde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qy-pyzk5bY
Facebook: Gen Verde 2015 UK
Twitter: GenVerde2015UK #StartNow2015

Gen Verde is a group of musicians and performing artists with a distinctly international profile. The current 21-strong lineup are from 13 different countries. The band’s original style of music has evolved with the arrival of each new member. Gen Verde’s current material includes rock and pop rock songs often with an original twist influenced by the group’s own rich cultural and ethnic mix.

While the band’s lineup has changed over the years, the values at the heart of Gen Verde’s artistic goal remain the same: to contribute towards creating a global culture of peace, dialogue and unity. Gen Verde offers a challenge and a solution: Change the World? Change Yourself! Start Now. Start Here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ripon.org Forum Index -> News Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: